SPEEDPLAY SYZR OFF-ROAD PEDAL CLEATS
Speedplay Syzr Off-Road Pedal System
Nothing underscores the need for a more versatile pedal system than the convergence of road and MTB bicycles into one multi-purpose, go-anywhere machine. After inventing the most technically-advanced road pedals, Speedplay set out to develop a state-of-the-art, off-road pedal system to equal the performance of our popular Zero and Ultra Light Action Pedal Systems.
Before the SYZR, cyclists could only choose between road or MTB clipless pedals. Road pedals offer the stable platform and power efficiency that riders want, but they don't work in mud. Off-road pedals are made for mud and walking, but their inferior connection is wobbly and wastes power. With the SYZR, Speedplay bridges the technology gap between road and MTB pedals to strike the perfect balance for riding on both dirt and pavement.
The SYZR Pedal System is for you if you are a:
- Current Speedplay Zero or Ultra Light Action user who wants the same features and benefits in an off-road system.
- Rider who needs platform stability and 100% power transfer for Gravel or any off-road adventure.
- MTB rider who is dissatisfied with the sloppy, wobbly connection and inefficient power transfer of traditional off-road pedals.
- Off-Road Racer (Cross Country, Cyclo Cross, or Off-Road Triathlon) who seeks an off-road pedal system with the performance features of a road system.
- Endurance road rider who uses recessed cleat shoes for walking convenience but wants the power transfer and platform stability of a road system.
- Rider who is looking for fitting options including custom spindle lengths, micro-adjustable float, and leg length discrepancy solutions not offered with other brands.
About the SYZR Cleat System:
The SYZR Cleat Set is built to take full advantage of Speedplay's revolutionary foray into the world of off-road pedals. The pedal system's ten degrees of customizable float is located in the cleat, which means that you don't have to reposition the cleat in order to adjust the angle. The float itself is truly free, with frictionless, non-recentering rotation for the most knee-friendly ride we've come across in off-road pedals. To facilitate clipping-in under the less than ideal conditions that we often encounter on the trail, Speedplay's Target Acquisition Technology intuitively guides the cleat in for landing.